Saturday, May 15, 2010

Another Note on Ettiquette...

I would have posted this as an addendum to yesterday's post, but I had to run out the door. A friend and I were talking about this the other night, and it's something that really annoys me, that I really just can't believe people do.

So generally, it's a rule that when you're at a play party, you don't interrupt a scene in progress. It's really, really rude and inconsiderate and, if you do it the really wrong way, it can be dangerous in an accidentally-getting-hit-by-stuff kind of way. The thing that people sometimes don't realize is that a scene is not necessarily over when the hitty part stops.

See, there's this thing called "aftercare," which most people need at the conclusion of a scene. Different people need different things, different versions of it, and it may look different from person to person, but you really shouldn't freakin' interrupt it!

I know I sometimes get dizzy and/or emotional after a particularly intense reaction. And when I do, I just want to sit and process and maybe have someone hug me and tell me I'm a good girl. Maybe drink some water or a Coke. What I really don't want to do is make smalltalk, especially with a stranger or someone I don't really know well.

So if you see someone being cuddled or stroked or wrapped in a blanket, or even if you see someone who was just being spanked or caned or otherwise played with sitting with a slightly dazed look on their face, for the love of God, WAIT a little while before you strike up a conversation with that person. Seriously. And if you do start chatting with someone, and they say they're a little out of it from a scene still, back the fuck off. Seriously.

And don't offer people foot massages immediately after a scene, either. That's freakin' creepy.

No comments:

Post a Comment