Monday, March 8, 2010

Another Post About Rope

Jack and I went to a rope bondage class the other night. Now, as I've mentioned in an earlier post, I think rope is awesome, and I definitely enjoy being tied up. I really like being more or less immobilized and I like the sensation of rope (especially hemp!) against my skin. It's a fun, fun, super-hot thing.

What I didn't count on is how much I enjoy tying up other people.

It's actually not that surprising. I've always had kind of a knack for three-dimensional stuff - jewelry making, sewing, sculpture. When we covered knots in my Stagecraft class in college I was surprised at how easily I figured all of them out. The thing is, when I'd thought about rope bondage in the past, I didn't think of it as an artistic and creative outlet--I thought of it pretty much entirely as a sexual thing. And, y'know, I figured if you're tying people up, being a "rope top" as the kids say, you're, well...a top. And I am pretty emphatically a bottom in pretty much every area of sex and kink that I participate in.

But this is totally different. Jack had been saying for a while that he thought I'd enjoy tying, so at this class he insisted I try it. And I was pretty much instantly hooked. Seriously, all I did was a relatively simple two column tie (there's video of how to do one of those here, though I learned it differently than it's shown in the video) but it was kind of fascinating to me, to understand that by putting the rope there, then there and through there I had created this nifty little tie that held Jack's wrists without tightening around them. It looked pretty, too.

It just made sense to me, in the way that sewing makes sense. I am not the neatest seamstress in the world, but putting a garment together, knowing that by attaching this shape to that one and adding this piece like this, I'll be putting together a three-dimensional piece of clothing that fits a human body is really exciting to me. There's this point I reach when I'm making something where it transforms from flat cut-outs of pattern pieces into something recognizable as clothing, and I like that feeling a lot. Finding where to put the rope to tie someone the way I want uses the same part of my brain and it gives me that same sense of satisfaction--I made this!

So yeah...totally not a sexual experience, but so satisfying in a different way. I like rope. I'm starting to find that I like tying people up.

No comments:

Post a Comment